Tuesday, October 11, 2005

She Sleeps With The Fishes

I just found out from my old Navy buddy, Mark Turner (via his blog - www.markturner.net), that the last ship I was stationed on in the Navy - USS ELLIOT (DD 967) - was sunk as a target on June 25th off the east coast of Australia in the Coral Sea during Combined Exercise Talisman Sabre '05 with Australian armed forces.

What a shame she served the U.S. Navy for only 28 years ... now she'll be an artificial reef till the end of time.

The three years I served on that ship were my hardest three years in the Navy.

3 Comments:

Blogger demondoll said...

Hiya, Matt! Sorry it took so long to comment- I actually have been reading your blog!(very cool,tbw) If I may ask, why was that particular tour so rough?

(PS. Love what you wrote about door2door LDSers. I'm stealing it)

Monday, October 17, 2005 4:26:00 PM  
Blogger demondoll said...

Guess what? I DID comment before- on your Bush entry! My sis sent me something I thought you might like...

Monday, October 17, 2005 4:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say

Thursday, December 22, 2005 4:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home