Friday, December 29, 2006

30 Years Ago Today!!!

Thirty years ago today I enlisted in the U.S. Navy ... it was Xmas break during my senior year in high school ... my step-Dad, Jim, told me that the G.I. Bill was going away at the end of 1976 and that to get it I would have to make up my mind whether to join the military, or not ... I remember taking the long lonely cold bus ride down to Pittsburgh ... that was certainly a bizarre day for someone who rarely ventured out of Ebensburg ... after I took the oath I felt nervious and also calm ... it was no longer up-in-the-air what I was doing after I graduated from high school ... I entered boot camp two weeks after graduation and spent 20 years in the Navy traveling the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yella said...

And at the end of it met the girl of your dreams?

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger MattFeath said...

Yes, YOU!!!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 6:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home